You can use this assets pack with Wonderdraft as well as any image editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP.
Unleash your creativity and bring your fantasy worlds to life with this meticulously crafted asset pack. Whether you’re a game designer, a writer, or simply a map enthusiast, this collection will elevate your creations to new heights. Get ready to embark on an immersive journey through rich and detailed maps that capture the essence of ancient cartography.
At the core of this pack lies a vast collection of top-down building assets to create breathtaking and vintage city maps and local maps, including churches, temples, and a wide variety of structures suitable for any type of map (fantasy, medieval, Renaissance, modern, etc.). Additionally, you’ll find a city wall or castle wall in the form of a path, a top-down well, a grove path, piers, a river path, a fantasy-style pointing hand to serve as a location indicator, rocks, fields, crops, bridges, an ancient road, top-down mountains, leafy trees, grass, bushes, fir trees, and large boulders.
These resources are designed for Wonderdraft, but easily usable in other softwares (Wonderdraft assets are just .png files).
Pack content / map resources / map symbols :
Over 500 vintage local map assets and city map assets for four of variations (normal, colorable, paintable, outlined) and a brand new Wonderdraft theme with custom water texture, custom ground texture, and custom fonts.
- Top-down buildings (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Top-down diagonal buildings (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Top down temples / churches (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Top down diagonal temples / churches (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Top-down wells (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Top-down piers (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Bridges (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Vintage pointing hand to serve as a location indicator (Custom color, sample color, normal color, & outlined)
- River path (Custom color, & outlined)
- City wall path or castle wall path (Custom color, & outlined)
- Grove path + dotty fields and crops (under the tree brushes setcion in Wonderdraft) (Sample color, custom color, normal color, & outlined)
- Grass (Sample color, & normal color)
- Rocks and large boulders (Custom color, sample color, & outlined)
- Ancient road path (Custom color, & outlined)
- Top-down mountains (Sample color, & outlined)
- Leafy trees (Sample color, & normal color)
- Fir trees and pine trees (Sample color, & normal color)
- Bushes (Sample color, & normal color)
Sample Color – you can change their coloring and you can paint it with a colored brush.
Custom Color – their coloring can be user defined.
Normal Color – their coloring is predefined.
Outlined – outlines only.
Installation Instructions for Wonderdraft
After you have downloaded the zipped file unzip it into an empty folder.
You will have two new folders: ‘assets’ and ‘themes’. Locate your Wonderdraft custom assets and themes folder.
Copy and paste both assets and themes folders into your Wonderdraft folder and merge with existent folders.
Instructions for use with Photoshop or Gimp or any other image editing software
You can use the included PNG images with these software programs.
For images labeled as ‘normal color,’ you can use them as-is in all of your image software.
For images labeled as ‘sample color,’ if you want to create a transparent background and only keep the outlines so you can add your own colors, it’s best to put the layer with the image(s) in ‘multiply’ mode. This will make the white color completely transparent, allowing you to keep only the black lines.
For images labeled as ‘custom color,’ you can choose your own colors by changing the hue of each of the three primary colors separately.
May your journeys through cartography assets & fantasy map symbols be filled with boundless imagination and endless discovery. Happy mapping!
Feel free to revisit Fantasy Map Assets anytime for more exciting cartography resources and inspiration. Happy mapping adventures await you!