You can use this assets pack with Wonderdraft as well as any image editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP.
Elevate your maps to new heights of imagination with the OLD CARTOGRAPHY TOPOGRAPHIC ASSETS COMPLETE BUNDLE. Immerse yourself in the enchanting world of ancient cartography with this meticulously crafted collection including 3 old cartography topographic packs:
– Unleash your creativity with the ULTIMATE RELIEFS AND CLIFFS MEGAPACK, featuring breathtaking mountains, plateaus, cliffs, canyons, and captivating rock formations.
– Scale the peaks of adventure with the ULTIMATE MOUNTAINS PACK, offering 30 assets across 5 mountain types.
– Explore vast desert landscapes and ground depressions with the DESERT and GROUND DEPRESSIONS ASSETS PACK, including dunes, desert cracks, chasms, sinkholes, and rifts.
Unlock the power of old-world cartography and bring your fantasy maps to life with this comprehensive bundle. Your imagination knows no bounds!
These resources are designed for Wonderdraft, but easily usable in other softwares (Wonderdraft assets are just .png files).
Pack content / map resources / map symbols :
More than 470 old topography assets for four types of variations (normal, colorable, paintable, outlined).
This complete bundle includes the following packs :
Old Cartography Ultimate Reliefs and Cliffs Megapack
Old Cartography Desert & Ground Depressions Assets Pack
Old Cartography Ultimate Mountains Pack
In details :
- Antique generic mountains (Sample color)
- Rocky antique mountains (Sample color)
- Uplift mountains (Sample color)
- Dome mountains (Sample color)
- Table mountains (Sample color)
- Huge amount of relief assets (Sample color & outlined)
- Vintage cartographer’s mountains (Sample color)
- Buttes (Sample color)
- Canyons (Sample color & outlined)
- Plateaus (Sample color & outlined)
- Mesas (Custom color, sample color, & normal color)
- Cliffs (Sample color & outlined)
- Desert Caves (Custom color, sample color, & normal color)
- Desert Temple (Custom color, sample color, & normal color)
- Desert Butte Town (Custom color, sample color, & normal color)
- A dragon’s lair & the dragon (Custom color, sample color, & normal color)
- Pinnacles (Sample color)
- Decorative desert dead tree (Custom color, sample color, & normal color)
- Desert dunes (Sample color, & outlined)
- Desert cracks (Outlined/lines)
- Chasms (Outlined/lines)
- Rifts (Outlined/lines)
- Sinkholes (Custom color, sample color, normal color, & outlined)
- Dolines (Custom color, sample color, normal color, & outlined)
Sample Color – you can change their coloring and you can paint it with a colored brush.
Custom Color – their coloring can be user defined.
Normal Color – their coloring is predefined.
Outlined / lines – outlines or black lines only.
Installation Instructions for Wonderdraft
After you have downloaded the zipped file unzip it into an empty folder.
You will have a new folder: ‘Old Cartography Topographic Complete Bundle’. Locate your Wonderdraft assets folder.
Copy and paste ‘Old Cartography Topographic Complete Bundle’ folder into your Wonderdraft assets folder.
Instructions for use with Photoshop or Gimp or any other image editing software
You can use the included PNG images with these software programs.
For images labeled as ‘normal color,’ you can use them as-is in all of your image software.
For images labeled as ‘sample color,’ if you want to create a transparent background and only keep the outlines so you can add your own colors, it’s best to put the layer with the image(s) in ‘multiply’ mode. This will make the white color completely transparent, allowing you to keep only the black lines.
For images labeled as ‘custom color,’ you can choose your own colors by changing the hue of each of the three primary colors separately.
May your journeys through cartography assets & fantasy map symbols be filled with boundless imagination and endless discovery. Happy mapping!
Feel free to revisit Fantasy Map Assets anytime for more exciting cartography resources and inspiration. Happy mapping adventures await you!